Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Snow Day Crafting

When I went to bed last night there was not a speck of snow anywhere!  However, the weather forcast did not sound good.  I woke up at 2 and looked outside.  The phone rang at 5:30 am and I knew what was coming.  School is cancelled.  When I got out of bed this morning, this is what it looked like outside.  Thank goodness we did not get as much as they predicted.  We could have gotten up to 8" of the white stuff.

This is a picture out my back door.  You can see one of our dogs in the back yard enjoying the freshly fallen snow.



This is out my front door.  I love how the snow is sticking to the trees and making them look magical. 



Since I had some "free" time, I decided to play in my scraproom for a while.  First, I had to surf around blogville for a while and see what challenges were out there.  I noticed a common thread....green.  Therefore, I made this card in between loads of laundry.

I am really into using book pages on my cards.  I don't know what it is about them, but I really like the way it looks.  I am also really getting into twine and the two go together like green eggs and ham.  Last week, was Dr. Seuss' birthday if you didn't already know.

Here is my close-up of my flower cluster.  My friend Beth, turned me onto paper flowers and I LOVE using them!!!


At church, we have what is called Secret Sister.  Each month, we are to but a $5 gift for them. I found this spring drinking glass and pack of Easter tissues.  I used the same flowers and materials for this tag, but different patterned papers. 


Here is another close-up.  I hope she likes it.

 
 
I am going to enter the card into the following challenges...
 
 
and the tag into....
 
 
 


4 comments:

  1. They are both so CUTE and spring-time fresh! Funny that you should mention the flowers. I was looking at a paper flower this morning. I only have one left from a card kit and it was looking lonely sitting all by itself on the card that I'm working on. Where do you get those flowers?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooops accidentally hit delete! Sorry. Anyway I love your cards! For the Shades of Green challenge I really like that pretty green dot paper and the flower punched out of word paper! Also I love the flowers with the jute. Perfect balance on this card! Thanks for sharing on my March Shades of Green challenge at Sandy's Crafty Creations!

    ~sandy
    visit my blog @ sandy's crafty creations

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card & tag, thank you for playing along at challenges 4 everybody, Vickie, DT

    ReplyDelete